Thursday, March 15, 2007

Flora

Poor Flora has been sitting around waiting to be blocked and to have a button sewn on since November 2006. Whoops! I finally bought some buttons last weekend. I went with a big black button. There were some interesting red ones, but I didn't have the scarf with me and wasn't sure if it would match. This can be a Christmas gift for this year. In that case, I am ahead of myself for Christmas gifts 2007. YEAH!I tried my best to take a picture of myself wearing it because I know you all want to see it in action. I used a tripod, but I had a difficult time making the self timer work. I could wait for my DH to come home to help me, but it would be dark by then. I never knew that it would be so hard to take a picture of yourself. I tried using the mirror, but that was a disaster. Pattern: Flora from Knitty.com
Yarn: Jumping by Adriafil, Color: 18 Bordeaux
Needles: US9/5.5mm needles

Here is some edible eye-candy:
Delicious Zucchini Pancakes from Barefoot Contessa at Home. I am really enjoying her new book because some of the recipes only need a few simple ingredients that I already have on hand.

I made this Focaccia loaf from No Need to Knead and it's fantastic. Mix flour, yeast, salt, water and in a few hours, you have fresh bread coming out of the oven. I have made the infamous NY Times No Knead Bread a few times and it's very good, but you have to let it rise for 12-18 hours. This Focaccia recipe has two options, bake the same day or put it in the fridge and bake it the next day. The dough can be used to make loaves, flatbreads or rolls.
I think this book may be out of print. I got this book from my friend who is a book editor. A few months ago, she was throwing away a bunch of books and said I could take whatever I wanted. If any of you would like to try this focaccia recipe, I can email you a scanned copy of the recipe. Email me at oiyi.yau(AT)gmail(DOT)com , just replace the at and dot with the appropriate symbols.

Well, have a nice weekend! We are heading to Boston tonight for the weekend. We are celebrating my father-in-law's 70th birthday. See you next week.

By the way, Mochimochi Land has just launched. The Uh-Ohs are now available.

10 comments:

Kristy said...

Flora is beautiful! It will make a great Christmas gift :)

Have a great weekend away!

Anonymous said...

Flora looks great on you!
The foccacia bread looks delish! Would you mind passing it along to me?
Have a great time in Boston!

Stephanie said...

Yay!
Bread! It seems everyone is baking these days :D
Flora looks fantastic, btw!

CynCyn said...

ooh! you'll be here! in Boston! the scarf is super cute, whoever you gift it to will love it (if you can part with it)

Anonymous said...

Flora is so totally gorgeous, and the button looks just perfect in it!
And my, Focaccia bread! Yummy!!! This is one of my all time fave breads - not so much the versions we get to buy here, but the original Italian one - mind you, I'm so looking forward to some serious eating when I'm on vacation in Italy this year! ;)

schrodinger said...

Flora looks fantastic on you. And that Focaccia loaf looks delish.

Anonymous said...

I really like the scarf, so cute.
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog, I sent you an email, I hope you got it.

Anonymous said...

The scarf is beautiful - I love flowers added to scarves, clothes, whatever. And see, first you are behind, then you end up ahead!
The focaccia looks delicious, think I will email you for the recipe.

Anonymous said...

The scarf is very nice especially the colour..and thanks for the offer me some koolaids, I actually want some blue or green in brighter tone, but my yarn already have some undertone, that's why I still have doubt would it still maintain the brightness after dye..anyway this is my first time, I would do more test before I decide..thanks for the offering, is very kind of you.

prettyknit

emily jan said...

Wow, what a fabulous scarf! This and the Bainbridge…I love asymmetrical designs. Thanks for popping by woolly wumpus! Love the stitch markers too. ; ) ej