Saturday, August 20, 2005

Swapping and More

I recently did a little swapping with Amy! She recently found a kit for the Heir-Loom at a thrift store and she graciously offered me an extra bobbin and colored-photocopied the instructions for me. Now, I can make my own Daisy Afghan. Plus, she sent me a bunch of goodies, too. I am so honored that she gifted me a Amyville stitch marker. It's a California Roll stitch marker. You can buy them at Amyville. She makes them out of polymer clay and they are tiny and has amazing details. I can't believes she make them all by hand. THANK YOU, AMY!!













And look at my new Chibi purse that I bought from Plain Mabel. They are all handmade by Yuki, the mayor of Chibi Land. They are all one of a kind or limited editions. I love my new Chibi Style purse and I plan on getting a Chibi Standard later on because I want a bigger one that I can sling over my shoulder. They are very well made. I like supporting other Indie/Independent Designers because I know how much work goes into making a product. Plus, you get something that is handmade and unique. You can also find Chibi purses at Yuki's website, Chibi Land.














I actually have been knitting. I currently have 3 scarves on the needles right now. After being frustrated by the orange scarf because I couldn't find a pattern I liked, I made up my own pattern. I made about 6 swatches before I figured out my problem, the problem was my needle size. I followed the recommended needle size for the bulky yarn, but I didn't like how loose it made the stitches, so I switched to something smaller. Wow, what a difference that made. Sometimes, you don't have to follow all the rules. That's something that is hard for me to grasp. I am a follow-the-book kind of gal when it comes to knitting.

No comments: