Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Coming Soon - LaReine

My first shawl pattern that I designed! I am super excited about this. Designing a pattern has been on my bucket list for the last few years. This was a challenge for me every step of the way, but I am glad I did it. It has made me appreciate all those amazing designers out there even more.

LaReine is a top down shawl pattern that uses 1 skein of fingering weight yarn. For my sample, I used Okay Knits Sena in the colorway: Water Green. The pattern was inspired by my summers at the Jersey Shore (Bradley Beach). Everytime I look at the shawl, it reminds me of the ocean and the countless hours my family and friends have spent frolicking in the waves.

It's currently being test knitted by a group of awesome knitters. I hope to have the pattern released by the end of October or sooner.

27 comments:

LittleCanoe said...

Amazing work! It's beautiful. I can't wait to try it out.

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

Stunning.
You must be very proud, because you have made such a beautiful and comforting shawl.

LaBean said...

Oh Oh Oh!
This is wonderful! Congrats on your design. It's beautiful!

CelticCastOn said...

Look at you go! Fantastic shawl, congrats!!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Good for you! That's a wonderful accomplishment and a beautiful shawl.

Anonymous said...

It's so beautiful!! What a BIG first time pattern designer accomplishment!

caitlyn said...

Congratulations!! It is a beautiful pattern!

Anna said...

This looks so amazing! Congratulations, designer!

Sue said...

Congratulations on entering another phase of you beautiful knitting by designing such a gorgeous shawl!

Erin Joy said...

What a stunner! So exciting to take the next step!

Dag said...

great job! looks gorgeous!!

opportunityknits said...

Congratulations! It's beautiful.

Jennie said...

Congrats! I love this shawl, the colour is beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that design is amazing. Congratulations!

Allegra said...

Bravo Oiyi!

Hannah said...

Congratulations, Angela! This is a milestone well-earned. Truly, your work is always so beautiful and this is no exception. I know how demanding it is to write knitting patterns (and I only do little toys, too) so kudos to you for accomplishing such a crafty feat! :)

Sayschnicklefritz said...

Woot woot! I'm starting mine today and am super psyched.

Daniel said...

Wow - so beautiful! If this is your first design I can't wait to see what the future holds.

craftivore said...

Frigging gorgeous!!! There is an element of sophistication and elegance to it that I don't ever think my work would ever achieve. Bravo.

Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

It's beautiful! Congratulations on your first pattern :)

hetty said...

What a beautiful shawl. You should be proud. It's a big accomplishment and a wonderful step into the next part of your creativity.

kim said...

I love it, it really does look like waves. Congratulations.

Octopus Knits said...

Oooo, that is lovely! Wonderful job.

Stephanie said...

it's absolutely beautiful!

judy said...

really beautiful! Congrats!

Yarny Days said...

Thumbs up! Wow.

Rebekah said...

it's absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations on writing your first pattern!