Sunday, November 12, 2006

Stress Relievers















What do I do when I am stressed beyond belief? I bake and knit. My waist line can attest to the baking recently. The picture above is a Peanut Butter Tart that taste like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. It's a chocolate crust with a baked peanut butter filling and then topped with chocolate and peanuts.

I also baked a batch of Cream Scones this weekend. Luckily, I was invited over to a friend's house for dinner and she loves the scones that I make. I saved one for me and gave her the rest.

The Irish Hiking Scarf is zooming along. Due to the fact that I am so stressed and need something to distract myself from thinking about the closing of my new place. I really hate dealing with lawyers, but you can't really buy a place in NY without having lawyers. The closing has been rescheduled for tomorrow, but as of last Friday, the bank is not ready yet. Arghh...but everyone thinks that it's still happening tomorrow, the real estate agent keeps leaving voice mails on my home phone and cell phone to schedule the final walk-through before the closing. Everything is a complete mess!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I bake and knit too. tho lately I've been doing more knitting than baking, I still got in a round of banana bread and brownies last week while I was busy freaking out. Hope the closing on the new places straightens itself up - the last place I bought was such a headache for the closing what with chasing down papers and the banks and it seems like I was doing the title company's job. I can totally relate. I'm sending Swift Orderly Closing thoughts your way :)