Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Socks That Rock!

















Look at what I got in the mail on Monday! It's my first skein of sock yarn from the Rockin' Sock Club. Dh generously bought me a 2 month membership from Blue Moon Fibers. Yes, he spoils me, even though he doesn't understand my obsession with yarn.

I got a sock pattern, a skein of Socks That Rock in colorway "Rainforest Jasper", a bumper sticker, a pin, and a club welcome letter and mini skein of emergency sock yarn keychain in the same colorway. I love the keychain! This colorway is not available to the public yet, only to the members of the sock club.

















Geez, do I sound geeky for getting excited about a sock club membership? I don't even know how to knit socks yet. But you will see some sock knitting soon. My secret pal from the International Secret Scarf Exchange generously sent me a easy sock pattern and other goodies to thank me for knitting her the scarf. I will get around to posting a pic of the goodies soon.

Now, there has been a lot of controversy concerning Socks That Rock yarn. Some find it rough on their hands while knitting with it and it has left some people's fingers raw and itchy. While other's have found it a pleasure to knit with. However, everyone does agree that their colorways are amazing. The skein does feel soft, but I can't give it a honest review until I knit with it.

Here is Napoleon being nosey. He was very fascinated with my photo shoot. He likes to sniff the yarn.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your puppy is too cute!

Thanks for buying a linocut today. should be in the post tomorrow

Anonymous said...

AAK. Love STR!!! Love it! I missed out on the club this time :( NEXT time. Napoleon is just a doll!!! Don't know if you've seen PuppyKnits : 12 QuickKnit Fashions for Your Best Friend (Hardcover)
by Jil Eaton. It's an excellent book for knitting for your doggie :) BTW thanks for your comment re kate.

Julie said...

It looks like you got a nice colorway! I can't wait to see your first socks :)

Amy said...

More Napoleon cuteness! I almost signed up for that club and I have never even knit a single sock. I'm a sucker for such things, but it looks like it was worth it. The yarn is really pretty!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the sockclub! Your doggie is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Napoleon has the sweetest face I have ever seen - he looks like an angel dog.

STR is the PERFECT place to start with socks - all other sock yarn will pale in comparison.

Unknown said...

Omigod, your puppy is friggin adorable.

I need to do some shopping today and tomorrow. I am SO GLAD YOU KNIT. I have lots of fun things to do now...

Judy said...

First, thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a nice compliment on the difficult socks just completed! Don't let that discourage you on trying your first pair. I love the sock yarn and wished my DH would buy me a membership! I loved reading your blog - - the bears are too cute and your puppy even cuter! These bears look like the pattern used for the Mother Bear charity project. It's a nice gesture, they will be loved. Visit again!

yahaira said...

heehee I didnt know I started a controversy...oops

cant wait to see your first socks

Anonymous said...

If that keychain isn't the cutest thing.....next to Napoleon, that is!

Anonymous said...

Honestly, I've made over ten pairs of socks with STR and I think it's the softest sock yarn out there. It has a coolness like silk or cotton and doesn't feel like wool at all. I'm very sensitive to the feel of yarns when I knit and this yarn puts Koigu, Cherry Tree Hill, Claudia's, Lorna's to shame. By far the softest, and the densest of the handpaints out there.

I hope you enjoy it when you knit with it.