Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Yarn Buys


Yarn Explosion Posted by Hello

This is what I bought from Smiley's Yarn Sale. It was so crazy this year. I had to wait in line for over 30 minutes in the lobby of Holiday Inn just to get into the ballroom where all the yarn is. They were letting people in by the dozen. I spent about 1 hour and 15 minutes buying/choosing my yarn while people shoved and grabbed. Honestly, they were acting like the stuff was for free. I waited in line to pay (the line wrapped around the ballroom) at 2:45pm and I didn't get to the register to pay until 4:30pm. They had ONLY one cash register!!!

I met a lot of nice ladies while waiting in line to pay. Plus, we were watching eachothers baskets while we took turns to browse some more or people kept putting things back. I, on the other hand, added to my basket as the line wound around the ballroom. I know I over bought, but I couldn't help it. If I had to spend so much time there waiting to get in and out, I wanted something to show for it. I ended up with two BLACK trash bags full of yarn. You get the white bags for regular purchases and you know you are in trouble when they give you the black heavy duty trash bags. I couldn't even carry them out of Holiday Inn. I didn't know how I would have gotten to the subway, so I hailed a cab. Taking a cab is something I almost never do, but this was a emergency.

Now, I have enough yarn to work on a bunch of projects I have been meaning to tackle.

No comments: