Monday, September 24, 2012

Welcoming Fall!

Baking with mommy 
My number 1 assistant woke up early to help me bake Pumpkin Doughnuts. I was invited to a knitter's get-together brunch and wanted to bring something sweet. Nothing screams Fall like pumpkin. 
Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts
They turned out gorgeous and delicious. I used 2 different sizes of doughnut pans. My Quality Control Team (DH & Melody) sampled the fresh doughnuts rolled in cinnamon and sugar and they gave it 2 thumbs ups. The recipe is called Pumpkin Cake Doughnuts. I subbed KA Unbleached White Whole Wheat Flour because DH misread the label when he was grocery shopping. But it turned out just as good and healthier, too. Gabby was the lovely hostess and my pumpkin doughnuts paired well with the delicious soup she made. 
Kim sewing. 
Here is Kim working on her steek. Karen, Gabby, Stephanie, and I all cheered Kim on to finish her Rhinebeck sweater. Yes, NYS Sheep and Wool Festival in Rhinebeck, NY is coming up real soon.

Festifall
DH, Melody and I were very excited to attend our town's Fall Festival. It's a great way to get to know all the local businesses and services. We ran into her English teacher from school and her Karate Academy had a booth there. She had a lot of fun listening to the live music and walking around. 
Potato 
I have never seen a Tornado Potato before and had to get one before we left the festival. Melody gobbled it up with delight. What's not to like? Fried potato with lots of salt = YUM. 
Sidewalk chalk 
Then we came home and she worked on her chalk art on the driveway. DH and I worked on the house and yard work. It was a lovely weekend. Did you do anything fun this weekend?

8 comments:

dervla @ The Curator said...

so cute! We had the 92Street Y street festival which takes up loads of blocks down Lexington Ave and was so much fun. I stuffed my face with kebabs and fries.Those donuts look amazing - i would have done them with whole wheat flour too.

craftivore said...

Fantastic photos! And I want some homemade doughnuts and knitting time with you gals too. But there is Rhinebeck to look forward to!

love2stitch said...

Thank you for sharing the doughnut recipe - I did not realise that you can bake them - I always had them fried.

Have to try baking them (we plan a bake sale w/our knitting group and that may be perfect addition) but first need to get doughnut pan :-)

Not making it to Rhinebeck this year so a bit jelaous :-)

Stefanie said...

Lovely ways to spend a day!

Sam said...

What a great way to spend the day, and your daughter is such a sweetheart. The donuts look yummy, thank you for sharing the recipe.

Deborah-- said...

Those donuts look delicious and I love the photo of Kim working on her steek. Eeek! I'm a bit sad I won't be joining ya'll for Rhinebeck weekend this year.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Looks like you had a really good weekend. Those doughnuts look wonderful. And Melody just gets prettier and prettier!

hetty said...

Wonderful photos! What a great assistant you have. Those pumpkin donuts looks delicious! Making my mouth water.