Monday, November 28, 2011

Rustic Tuscan Apple Cake

Cake 2
Apparently, I didn't get enough of baking last week. The day after Thanksgiving, I was ready to fire up the oven again. I had book marked this recipe, Rustic Tuscan Apple Cake, a few weeks ago and it has been calling to me. The recipe was quick and easy to make. You just mix up the batter and throw in the apples. It was the perfect activity to do with Melody. She was so happy that she got to help make the cake.
Tuscan Apple Cake
The recipe calls for 00 Flour, but I used All Purpose Flour and it was fine. Since I had plenty of heavy cream leftover from the Thanksgiving baking, I whipped up some fresh whipped cream to go with the cake. Um yes, the cake was delicious and whipped cream does make everything 100 times better. :-)

12 comments:

CelticCastOn said...

You have GOT to stop posting pictures like this! I WANT SOME!!!

Yarny Days said...

I love anything Apple! Yum. Did Melody eat a big piece?

Vicki Knitorious said...

Mmm. Looks delicious! I want a bite!! I'm reminded of my German grandma's "apple kuchen." Always a favorite.

Miss Julep said...

Oh YUM! I could eat this up!!Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving!

Evelyn said...

I can imagine how delicious that apple cake is! It makes for a perfect end to a beautiful meal.

Meika said...

Yum! I want cake now!

LittleCanoe said...

THAT looks incredible. I need to make it, pronto.

Hannah said...

Beautiful! I love how tall the cake is, and what a distinct and soft crumb it has. That looks like a winner alright.

Peppermint Mocha Mama said...

My mouth is watering and my belly is rumbling just looking at that cake... yummy!

kim said...

That looks delightful! And I agree about the whipped cream mmm.

caitlyn said...

That looks delicious!!

Meganne Fabrega said...

I am going downstairs to make this right now. No joke.