Thursday, September 22, 2011

Chinese Short Ribs

Chinese Short Ribs with brown rice.
This recipe for Chinese Short Ribs is delicious and so simple. I have a bunch of projects with deadlines looming, so dinner preparations has to be quick and tasty. This was perfect. Just a few simple ingredients to make a great meal.

Instead of digging out my slow cooker, I just used my Le Creuset Dutch Oven and let it simmer for 3 hours on the stove top. I used Beef Flanken Short Ribs because it was available at my local market. It is cut cross wise, so all I had to do was cut them into pieces in between the bones. I also sauteed the broccoli instead of steaming because we like our broccoli crunchy. As you can see in the picture, I served mine over brown rice.

Thank you for the tasty recipe, Minty Fresh!

7 comments:

opportunityknits said...

Oh my goodness, this looks so yummy, I got to go and get lunch NOW. If only my canteen served this!
Thanks for the link to the recipe. I like it because it sounds yummy and easy to cook.

Erin Joy said...

Oh, I am SO making this next week! Yum yum yum. We like our broccoli crisp as well!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

That looks so good! I'll have to try it. Thanks!

Miss Julep said...

Oh yum!! It looks like a photo for a food magazine:) Can't wait to see what you've been working on!

craftivore said...

Looks seriously yummy.

Sayschnicklefritz said...

Looks delicious and perfect for this chilly weather!

Rima said...

Tasty, tasty! I love short ribs. Suketu loves his broccoli crunchy too.