Thursday, September 22, 2011

Chinese Short Ribs

Chinese Short Ribs with brown rice.
This recipe for Chinese Short Ribs is delicious and so simple. I have a bunch of projects with deadlines looming, so dinner preparations has to be quick and tasty. This was perfect. Just a few simple ingredients to make a great meal.

Instead of digging out my slow cooker, I just used my Le Creuset Dutch Oven and let it simmer for 3 hours on the stove top. I used Beef Flanken Short Ribs because it was available at my local market. It is cut cross wise, so all I had to do was cut them into pieces in between the bones. I also sauteed the broccoli instead of steaming because we like our broccoli crunchy. As you can see in the picture, I served mine over brown rice.

Thank you for the tasty recipe, Minty Fresh!

7 comments:

opportunityknits said...

Oh my goodness, this looks so yummy, I got to go and get lunch NOW. If only my canteen served this!
Thanks for the link to the recipe. I like it because it sounds yummy and easy to cook.

Erin Joy said...

Oh, I am SO making this next week! Yum yum yum. We like our broccoli crisp as well!

Muddling Through said...

That looks so good! I'll have to try it. Thanks!

Miss Julep said...

Oh yum!! It looks like a photo for a food magazine:) Can't wait to see what you've been working on!

craftivore said...

Looks seriously yummy.

Sayschnicklefritz said...

Looks delicious and perfect for this chilly weather!

Rima said...

Tasty, tasty! I love short ribs. Suketu loves his broccoli crunchy too.