Thursday, March 24, 2011

She loves shawls.

Sorry that things around here have been a little quiet. I got back from Bermuda last week and I have been trying to adjust back to the fast pace of NYC (and my life). The locals in Bermuda actually make fun of themselves for their slow pace. One guy told me that you will realize this after only spending a few days there that this is how they do things. It's a relaxed attitude that is interesting to someone like me who has lived in NYC for over 11 years. It was a refreshing change.

I had a great time with my sister. Our first "sisters trip" and hopefully there will more in our future. It was what I needed. Time for myself away from DH, Melody, and my dogs. At first it was weird. I can't remember the last time that the only person I had to take care of was myself. No one to feed, make food for, make sure nap/bed time is on schedule, or be responsible for. On a daily basis, I have 5 mouths to feed including myself. And I am always last. On my first day back, I was a little disappointed that I had to make my own breakfast. Lol! It was nice to be served breakfast even if it was just for a weekend.

I promise that I will post some pictures of my trip soon. Right now, I am in the midst of finishing some projects that have a April 1st deadline. I can't wait to talk about it, but right now, it's hush hush. So, I am going to distract you all with pictures of Melody modeling a LaReine Shawl knit by my friend, Tomo. She loves trying on shawls and scarves. Lately, she has been asking for me to make her a pink scarf. Only 3 years old and already demanding hand knits!
LaReine Shawl
LaReine Shawl
LaReine Shawl
LaReine Shawl

25 comments:

mooncalf said...

Don't we all!

I just got one of your lovely shawl patterns for my birthday. I almost want the weather to get cold again so that I can knit it now :)

almost...

Ulla V. said...

I can't believe that your sweet and beautiful Melody has grown so big! I remember when she was the cutest little baby here on your blog...times really does fly.

She's lucky to have such a talented mother who can knit gorgeous - pink - shawls for her. :))

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, Melody is so sweet and adorable :)

It is so nice to hear that you were able to relax while in Bermuda ! I am so happy to hear that you had some time to and for yourself :) I bet your sister was so happy to have and share time with you as well. How fun !!!

Reine said...

Beautiful - both- the scarf and your daughter!

Michelle said...

Where did baby Melody go? She looks so grown up, she is beautiful!!

I can't even imagine not having to feed others, that must have been a great trip:)

Jennie said...

Love it when Melody models for you :)

Erin Joy said...

Kid's got good taste! Better find some pink yarn quick!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Oh, Angela, thank you for that big smile you just gave me! Melody is a born model, and she knows what she wants!

craftivore said...

Seriously cute!

LittleCanoe said...

I'm glad you were able to get away and have some sister time! It's nice to be waited on every once in awhile too.
That last picture of Melody is my favorite. CUTE as a button! Beautiful shawl, too. Nice work, Tomo.

CelticCastOn said...

Rocking the shawl :)
LaReine looks lovely in green.

Debbie T said...

That little princess has got to be the most photogenic child I've seen in a long time!!! Just precious!!

Unknown said...

Cute!!

Miss Julep said...

Adorable! As always!

AtPlayWithFiber said...

It's only the beginning. I've knitted socks, scarves, cowls, fingerless gloves and now cardigans for my girls. The list for their wants is growing too!

Sam said...

You have the best model EVER! The shawl is gorgeous too :)

hetty said...

Melody has great taste! Fantastic green! I love it! Can't wait to hear more about your trip.

love2stitch said...

Little Melody is a natural!

How can it be that I missed your lovely shawl pattern for so long??!! I have so much gorgeous fingering weight yarn that would be wasted on one's feet. Queued on Ravelry and as soon as I am done with two swap gifts that I need for April this one will be on my needles.

Sue said...

Oh Melody looks gorgeous with the green shawl, and the color really suits her. Glad you had some "me" time with your sister.

kim said...

So cute, Melody! Sounds like you had a nice trip and I'm envious, but I will make myself take one in a year...or two. :)

caiming said...

M. looks lovely modeling that shawl! I love that pattern too, not even tired after making two, the third time will be for myself!

opportunityknits said...

Melody is a natural at modelling. Love her expressions. I'm a fan of hers!

hazalca said...

şal da çok güzel,melody de çok güzel.türkiyeden sevgiler:)))

Marico said...

Very cute!

joyce said...

such an adorable model!!