Sorry for the absence. Instead of getting well, I relapsed and got even more sick. Thankfully, Melody and DH recovered quickly. I still have a slight sniffle, but I can actually say I am 99% well. I have been sick for 4 weeks and it's such a relief to see the end in sight.
What have I been up to since I last posted?
1. I read a lot during my illness. When you can't breathe at night, you can't really sleep. I managed to read 3 books: Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, Dragon Bones and Petals From the Sky. That's a lot more reading than I have done in the last 6 months. They were very interesting reads. I learned a lot more about my Chinese culture (good and bad) and about Buddhism.
2. Knitting, but nothing that I can show because it's for Knitscene. This week, I hope to wrap things up and send it off by Monday.
3. Worked on more knitting pattern proposals, 3 to be exact. Now, I am playing the waiting game to hear back.
4. Started potty training Melody last week. We started on Wednesday and it has been very successful. Previously, I had tried when she turned 2 yrs old and it was going okay. I only tried for a week before giving up because we both got really sick (I had the flu). Through out the year, I have made small attempts, but never seriously.
Two weeks ago, I started again, but that was when we both got sick. This time, I started again as soon as she got better. It's very interesting to see what a difference turning 3 yrs old has been. She is older and can understand so much now. She pretty much got the concept down after 1 afternoon. She is basically diaper free except for nap time and night time. We also have to work on the potty thing when we go out. We stayed inside for 3 days last week during the training period and she went pantless around the house. We went out on Saturday and I couldn't convince her to use the public bathrooms at restaurants or stores. I think it kinda scared her. She would say yes about wanting to use the potty, but she would change her mind when I brought her into the bathroom. I am not going to push it. She is doing very well for someone who just started last Wednesday.
5. I also have been trying to get more organized. I ordered this mini binder (the mixed medium one) and it arrived over the weekend. I am in the process of filling it up with a DIY Planner and Calendar that you print yourself. I like that I can always print more pages whenever I need it and I can use it year after year.
I came upon this poster from a friend on Facebook.
This poster is awesome. It's from Baltimore Print Studios. It's a great plan for any one. Some times I get bogged down by all the little details and lose sight of a goal. This is a good reminder that I should just keep doing things.