Saturday, July 25, 2009

Bradley Beach, New Jersey 2009

There is a good reason for my absence. We spent a week in Bradley Beach, New Jersey for some fun and sun. It's our 3rd year going there and we love it. A big thanks goes to our wonderful hosts, Rose and Marc. Rose is a wonderful cook and made us many wonderful dinners while we stayed with her. I managed to make only one meal for them, but it was successful. DH and I had a great time grocery shopping at Wegmans. That place has everything and I found it overwhelming at times.As you can see, Melody took to the sand like a fish to water. She had so much fun playing in the sand and just walking around the beach. She would wander off to explore while DH followed her from behind.She was wary of the huge waves in the beginning. This picture is so cute! Here she is ready to run the other way when the waves came.She was laughing from the excitement of the waves when it came crashing in. The last time we spent on the beach, DH dug a hole and the waves would fill it up, then she jumped right in and played. She didn't even mind that the water was freezing that day.
The Macaroon Shop was on my list of places to visit this year in the Jersey Shore. It did not disappoint.
I bought the Coconut Macaroons and the Almond Macaroons. Delicious! Plus they freeze very well. I have a few left in the freezer right now. After I publish this post, I am going to head downstairs for the cookies!
Veronica is enjoying her first purchase from the Ice Cream Truck. This particular truck only sold Italian Ices. Her shirt and face was blue after she ate it. Her grandma, Rose, worked wonders to get the stains out.Here is Jen (Veronica and Penny's mother) playing with Napoleon and Penny. Napoleon always manages to squeeze himself into a lot of photos. Caesar is off somewhere trying to keep cool from the heat.Penny is just adorable! I forgot what is was like to have a baby around. With 3 kids at one time at the beach house, it got pretty crazy loud when they would start whining or crying.
On our last day, we walked on the boardwalk to Asbury Park. When I was there last year, it was still in development, so it was great to see all the new shops and restaurants that opened up there. Don't quote me on this, but I think the above pic was where parts of The Wrestler was filmed.DH and Melody inside a glass studio. I had a great time wandering into the glass and pottery studios, galleries and small shops in Asbury Park.Melody with her first ice cream cone. The flavor was Toasted Almond. She almost didn't know what to do with it when we handed it to her. But she learned quick!

23 comments:

caitlyn said...

It looks like you had a blast! Melody is so, SO cute!!

opportunityknits said...

she's such a cutie! love the beach phtotos, very natural :)

Hannah said...

I know I say this every time you post a picture of her, but Melody is just too cute! Seriously, I can't believe how precious she is, and what a wonderful, positive energy she seems to have! :)

Agnes said...

I had a lot of fun watching your pictures too. It's just funny to discover dogs have "personality" like humans ... and cats too! LOL!
I like the movie "The Wrestler" ...

knithound brooklyn said...

Looks like you guys had a great time and the weather cooperated!

rohanknitter said...

It looks like a wonderful trip! I'll bet it was really fun watching Melody on the beach. And you even got to take the pups!

kim said...

What a fun trip! Melody is so adorable in her beach gear.

And I know I'm not 30...yet; it's more of a joke between my parents and me and the fact I want to retire now. :)

Sayschnicklefritz said...

A new ice cream fan! I love it.
Welcome back!

Allegra said...

I can't believe how big Melody has gotten! Time sure does fly! She looks so happy in these pictures. Sounds like you guys had a great trip. I just got back from three weeks in Ithaca, NY where we make routine visits to Wegmans!

Jennie said...

Sounds like you had fun, great photos.
Melody is cute as a button =)

hetty said...

I loved looking at all of your photos! Glad you had such a wonderful time at the beach. Where does Melody get all that energy from? She is adorable. I love the 'first ice cream' photo! Priceless!

LittleCanoe said...

Oh my, Melody is sooo cute. I can't get enough! I can't believe how big she is. Looks like you guys had a great time.

flanthrower said...

Oh looks like you guys had a lovely vacation! Melody is too cute in all her beach gear!

Rima said...

Hehe. Love all the Melody pictures! Glad you had a good trip.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Looks like you all had a great time. It's good to get away together once in a while, isn't it? Melody has really grown, and she just gets prettier and prettier!

Corrie said...

awwww I can't believe how much miss melody has grown!!!!!! wow, I need to check back more often...adorable!

Corrie:)

Kirsten said...

Looks like a great trip! First ice cream - great moment - love it!

Natalie said...

I have to echo everybody's comments and say that those pictures of Melody on the beach are absolutely priceless. It's good to see a kid get down and dirty playing at the beach. I'm glad you guys had fun!!

Rebekah said...

Looks like a fun trip! That's really cool that you do annual vacations to the same spot. I always wished that I had that tradition growing up.

CynCyn said...

Sounds like you had a great time at the beach!! Mmmmm... macaroons!

Jeanne said...

Sounds like a great vacation! Melody is really adorable - love the pictures of her on the beach.

Octopus Knits said...

What a nice vacation spot! Those pictures of Melody on the beach are priceless :)

Ivy@PaperElixir said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I love Melody's bathing suit, absolutely adorable! Now I gotta start finding one like that for Eva :)