This is how my sister and I made the Chocolate Nests from my Baby Shower. It's just general directions, but it should give you a good idea on how it's done. It's very easy and you can't mess it up.
You will need:
- All-Bran Cereal (You can also use Fiber One cereal, Fried Chow Mein Noodles, Toasted Coconut or Mini-Pretzel Sticks.)
- Jelly Beans
- Chocolate or White Chocolate
- A Mini-Muffin Pan
- Plastic Wrap
1. Line the mini-muffin pan with pieces of plastic wrap. You can also just grease the pan, but it's easier to remove the nests with the plastic wrap.
2. Put the chocolate of your choice in a microwave proof bowl and heat at 30 second intervals until melted.
3. Mix in the cereal until it is all coated in chocolate. You can add more or less cereal until it's the consistency that you like.
4. Put a big spoonful of the mixture into each muffin cup. Using a small teaspoon, spread the mixture up the sides of the cups to form a bowl shape.
5. While the mixture is still wet, put the Jelly Beans in so that it will stick.
6. Put the pan in the refrigerator until the chocolate hardens.