Thursday, June 23, 2005

Log Cabin Beginnings


The granny square crochet blanket is done! I will post pics of that later. So, I started a new project last week. I have been wanting to make a Log Cabin Blanket ever since I saw it on Mason-Dixon Knitting and La Gringa Tejedora. I ran into some trouble when I was picking up stitches and Kay came to my rescue. I have never picked up stitches before and thought I was doing it wrong because the new color showed up on the old color. And I didn't know that there was a front and back to the blanket. Turns out that I was doing everything correctly(Kay said so). She said that there is no avoiding the lines of new color running through the old color. Who would have thought that I could get something right the first time?! Wish I knew that before I frogged the thing a thousand times.

This is what the back looks like.

No comments: